Overview Of Chiliz Chain 2.0
- Chiliz Chain 2.0 (CC2) will be an evolution of Binance Smart Chain (BSC), created for the sports and entertainment industries, enabling major brands to build Fan Tokens, NFTs and other digital assets on the new blockchain. All fees will paid in Chiliz native token $CHZ.
- CC2 will focus on protecting IPs and consumers, which will lay the foundation for an authentic, prosperous future for sports and entertainment in the blockchain.
- CC2 will be EVM compatible and will have backward compatibility with Ethereum and Solidity.
- CC2 will have low gas fees (paid in $CHZ) at least 500x cheaper than ETH to reduce limitations and open the doors for a community of developers from sports and entertainment brands to thrive.
- CC2 will develop Chiliz’ first iteration of staking, incentivizing $CHZ holders to lock up their tokens.
- The public testnet launch for CC2 is currently scheduled for the first quarter of this year.
FEBRUARY 9TH: Chiliz, the leading blockchain provider for the sports and entertainment industries, has partnered with Ankr to lead the development of Chiliz Chain 2.0 (CC2). The Web3 infrastructure provider will become the major implementer of CC2, launching a validator and offering its easy-to-use node hosting services on its platform.
Chiliz is now primed and ready to open its ecosystem to a far wider audience in 2022, having already pioneered the widespread use of blockchain technology by elite sports organizations through Fan Tokens and the Socios.com fan engagement and rewards platform.
CC2 will be the catalyst for the broader adoption of blockchain technology across sports and entertainment industry, with brands from both sectors, along with projects from new verticals, invited to build Fan Tokens, non-fungible tokens (NFTs) and other digital assets on the new blockchain, with all fees to be paid in $CHZ, the Chiliz native token. As a leading decentralized infrastructure provider, Ankr will help usher this vision to life.
Alexandre Dreyfus, CEO of Chiliz and Socios.com said: “With the rock solid foundations provided by Ankr, Chiliz Chain 2.0 has the potential to become a game-changing blockchain that will have a profound impact, not only in the blockchain space, but across the entire landscape of mainstream sports and entertainment.
“Socios.com is no longer the sole steward of the $CHZ story and is free to evolve to best fit the needs of its ever expanding roster of partners, not to mention the millions of fans around the world.
“And, while Socios.com will continue to grow rapidly, we look forward to the emergence of a much broader Chiliz narrative and a multifunctional future for $CHZ as the network enabler of the new expansive Chiliz Chain 2.0 ecosystem.”
The launch of CC2 will radically increase the utility of $CHZ, evolving it from a transactional token so far utilized only through Socios.com, into the network enabler of a new blockchain created for the entire global sports and entertainment industry.
Ankr CEO Chandler Song added: “We have witnessed and supported Chiliz and Socios.com redefine the world of sports and entertainment with blockchain technology for several years. We are proud to become the partner that will help take this project to the next level.”
The launch of Chiliz Chain 2.0 will nurture the creation of Chiliz Labs; an accelerator program that will incentivize projects looking to leverage and utilize blockchain in sports and entertainment to build on CC2.
Chiliz are the creators of Fan Tokens and the Socios.com fan engagement app. Over 130 sports organizations across the globe have already embraced Socios.com’s cutting-edge blockchain technology to empower and enhance the experience for their fans. Socios.com partners include football giants such as FC Barcelona, Paris Saint-Germain, Manchester City, Juventus, Inter Milan and Arsenal among others, but also major MMA brands, Formula 1 teams, esports clubs and NHL, NFL, MLS and NBA franchises.
The public testnet launch for Chiliz Chain 2.0 is currently scheduled for Q1 of this year.
Disclaimer: Although the material contained in this website was prepared based on information from public and private sources that chiliznews.com believes to be reliable, no representation, warranty or undertaking, stated or implied, is given as to the accuracy of the information contained herein, and chiliznews.com expressly disclaims any liability for the accuracy and completeness of the information contained in this website.