New ASICS running shoes are the first ever globally distributed physical product available to order using USDC on Solana Pay.
ASICS is continuing its run down the Web3 road with the launch of its latest Solana collaboration. The partnership comes to life through the leading Move-to-Earn blockchain game STEPN, featuring custom-made GT-2000™ 11 running shoes.
Inspired by Solana and the information age, the overall design combines the energetic brand palette with the user interfaces (UI) of computer and mobile screens to symbolize a movement-influenced, positive symbiotic future with technology. The shoe also aims to exhibit a a healthy balance between screen time and physical activity.
STEPN X ASICS limited edition NFTs
With the purchase of the brand new ASICS GT-2000™ 11 shoes, customers automatically receive an ASICS Loyalty Badge NFT. In addition, the purchase also gives collectors the chance to win a limited edition airdrop of the STEPN x ASICS GT 2000 NFTs. The shoe is a unique design, compatible with all abilities – and comes in two aesthetics, “light mode” & “dark mode.”
Joe Pace, ASICS Web3 and Digital Goods Director, announced his excitement with the project: “We’re proud to leverage Solana Pay and partner with STEPN to help us scale our mission to inspire the global Web3 community to create healthy habits with our products. Building on learnings and successes from our Sunrise Red and Genesis STEPN collections, we’re excited to continue delivering world-class Web3 experiences.”
Social Imprint Web3 Impact
The launch of the new shoes lights the way forward for consumer brands moving into Web3. These shoes are now the first ever globally distributed physical product available to order using USDC on Solana Pay. The social imprint that the brand is creating has many distinct advantages:
- Borderless Purchases: The shoes and NFTs will be available across all its global stores and outfits.
- Instant Payment: Powered by Solana Pay, the global payment via USDC is instantaneous.
- Rewards: With the purchase of the shoes, collectors gain free ASICS Badge NFTs which
unlock access to future token-gated ASICS rewards and experiences.
- Token Gated Experiences: Badge holders have the opportunity to claim a free token-gated airdrop of ASICS x STEPN NFT sneakers. Users can play STEPN, stay active through this airdrop, and unlock even more tokens and rewards in-game.
- Global Efficiency: Due to these shoes being a limited edition drop, there will only be a certain amount of shoes produced and distributed globally. The number of shoes equals the number of pre-orders made for them. This reduces inventory pressure and increases overall efficiencies in the production process.
The shoes can be purchased for $200 USDC and are available for pre-order globally now until
November 9th at 6:59 AM UTC. They can also be purchased using USDC digital currency via Solana Pay.
About ASICS Web3
ASICS began their Web3 journey with the minting of the ASICS SUNRISE RED™ NFT Collection in July 2021. Building on successes and learnings, they also developed a first-of-its-kind partnership with Move-to-Earn app STEPN, to launch the ASICS X STEPN Origins Collection in April 2022.
With the release of the ASICS X SOLANA UI collection, including genesis ASICS Badge NFTs on the Solana blockchain, ASICS is establishing technology to deliver world-class Web3 experiences that inspire physical activity in the Web3 community to promote physical and mental well being.