What are Fan Tokens?
Fan Tokens are digital assets (cryptocurrency or digital money) issued in partnership between major sports brands like Paris Saint-Germain, Manchester City or Alpine F1 Team and cryptocurrency technology companies such as Binance, Socios, Bitci or Lunes.
The creator of Fan Tokens is Socios.com, a fan engagement platform built on the Chiliz blockchain. Sport Club International is the most recent Brazilian club to launch their Fan Token on Socios.
Sports fans that own Fan Tokens are allowed to participate in surveys and events exclusive to their club or sports entity. The most engaged fans will receive incredible rewards such as VIP attendance at events, meeting their idols, autographed merchandise, NFTs, gamification features and much more.
READ MORE: Brazilian soccer club Vasco da Gama goes metaverse with MetaSoccer
Fan Tokens are limited in number and are fungible, which means they can be traded and their price is determined by the market. As such, Fan Tokens also work as a cryptocurrency.
Holders of Fan Tokens have the possibility to sell their tokens on cryptocurrency exchanges or keep them in their digital wallet to obtain the right to interact on fan engagement platforms.
Brazilian Clubs Fan Token List
Fan Tokens from Brazilian teams are released by several different companies, among them are Socios.com, Bitci Fan Tokens, Binance Fan Tokens, and Lunes among others.
Fan Tokens of Brazilian football teams have no division. There are tokens of teams from the first, second and third division, and even a Fan Token of the Brazilian National Football Team.
LEARN MORE: Paysandu is the newest Brazilian football club launches its Fan Token at Lunes/FAARO
Here is the list of Brazilian teams that have fantokens, along with the company they partnered with for the creation and development of the tokens.
– Flamengo Fan Token | Developed by Socios.com
– Corinthians Fan Token | Developed by Socios.com
– Palm trees Fan Token | Developed by Socios.com
– São Paulo Fan Token | Developed by Socios.com
– International Fan Token | Developed by Socios.com
– Atlético Mineiro Fan Token | Developed by Socios.com
– Vasco Fan Token | Developed by Socios.com
– Bahia Fan Token | Developed by Socios.com
– Santos Fan Token | Powered by Binance Fan Token
– Brazilian National Football Team Fan Token | Developed by Bitci Fan Token
– Fortress Fan Token | Developed by Bitci Fan Token
– Ceará Fan Token | Developed by Bitci Fan Token
– Coritiba Fan Token | Developed by Bitci Fan Token
– Botafogo Fan Token | Developed by Bitci Fan Token
– Vitória Fan Token | Developed by Bitci Fan Token
– Sport Recife Fan Token | Developed by Bitci Fan Token
– Fan Token Cruise | Developed by Lunes/FAARO
– Betim Fan Token | Developed by Lunes/FAARO
– Paysandu Fan Token | Developed by Lunes/FAARO
– Remo Fan Token | Developed by Lunes/FAARO
So far, 20 Brazilian football teams have announced their Fan Tokens. With football clubs looking for ways to get closer to their fan base, more Brazilian teams are sure to follow.
Disclaimer: Although the material contained in this website was prepared based on information from public and private sources that chiliznews.com believes to be reliable, no representation, warranty or undertaking, stated or implied, is given as to the accuracy of the information contained herein, and chiliznews.com expressly disclaims any liability for the accuracy and completeness of the information contained in this website.